STEPS TO TAKE IN PREPARATION OF BEING BURIED AT SUNNYSIDE CEMETERY.
Acquire a gravesite (a physical space of land with title) or a Columbarium Niche (also with title)
Decide which kind of burial, Full, Cremation, or Green (no coffin)
Actual Burial Open/Close at time of burial
The prices below help you understand the costs of each type of burial. The cost of the gravesite space or niche is added to the other costs noted for each burial type. Below that are the rules and regulations about burials that the cemetery wants you to know and understand before any burial takes place. (Revised and updated website 7-23-2020)
Special Fee Note: Sunday burials cost an additional $100.00 fee to have staff come in on a Sunday to cover the grave. No grave is left uncovered overnight.
Sales Tax $39.15
Gravesite in Pratt Section $600.00
Open/Close with Vault $475.00
Green Burials are $1,450.00
Because green burial sites sink over time
and require filling, a one time
$450.00 maintenance fee is required.
Total cost is $1900.00
Top Two Rows Niche $1,000.00
Bottom Two Rows Niche $850.00
Second Cremation - Open/Close $150.00
Basic Operating Rules & Regulations
1. Purchase of Sunnyside Columbarium niches gives purchaser the right to placement of cremations in same. Actual ownership of niche structure, including granite shutter, remains in control of Cemetery District #2.
2. Inscriptions with names and dates are required and will be done in the font, size and color set forth by and under the direction of Sunnyside Cemetery District #2. A maximum of two inscriptions are allowed on the shutter. Veteran information and a veteran bronze medallion are pemitted. Veteran medallions are not furnished by the cemetery district but will be attached at no charge by the cemetery. Photos are not permitted. All inscriptions will be approved by the cemetery sexton or his or her designated employee (see attachment A).
3. The placing in niches of any objects except urns and human cremains therein is prohibited and the Sunnyside Cemetery District #2 reserves the right to refuse placement of urns in niches that, in its judgement, are not proper or fitting. No perishabe materials may be used for urns.
4. Up to two cremations may be placed in one niche. Niches shall be opened only under the direction of the cemetery sexton or his or her designated employee.
5. Niches may be purchased either pre-need or at-need. Niche purchase does not include the cost of cremation, urns or engraving.